Bran 'n Cheese Balls
This cheese dog treat recipe is super easy.
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup Bran Flakes (crumbled)
Combine cheeses, garlic and oil. Using plastic wrap, shape mixture into a log about 1 inch in diameter and 8 inches long. Roll log in crumbled Bran Flakes.
Refrigerate for about an hour. Slice into 1/2-inch rounds and serve.
Makes about 16 treats.
Microwave Doggie Cookies:
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tbs. oatmeal
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
2/3 cups beef or chicken broth
Place flour in a bowl, add egg & broth. Mix well. Blend in oatmeal & garlic powder. Roll dough into a ball, roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with small cookie cutters. Arrange on a dish and bake in microwave for 5-8 minutes on high or until firm.
Best Buds Dog Biscuits Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup nonfat dry milk powder
½ cup oats, rolled (raw) -- quick cooking
½ cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon sugar
Cut in 1/3 cup shortening until mix is coarse crumbs. Stir in 1 egg. Dissolve 1 tablespoon instant chicken or beef bouillon granules in ½ cup water. Stir liquid into flour mix with a fork. Form dough into a ball and knead on floured board for 5 minutes. Divide ball in half and roll each portion until ½ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or shape biscuits. Put 6 on a plate and microwave at medium for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm and dry to touch. Turn biscuits over after ½ cooking time
Homemade Frosty Paws
• 1 Quart plain or vanilla yogurt
• 1 banana or 1 lrg jar banana baby food
• 2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp carob powder (optional)
If using regular banana mash well....mix all ingredients until well blended ( you could use a food processor or blender) Place into ice cube trays or small bathroom sized cups and freeze. Once frozen you can store in freezer in plastic bag. The great thing is you can play with recipe and add stuff that your dog likes. I use the carob powder or carob chips . Some people add granola to theirs.
No Bake Healthy Homemade DogTreats
APPLE SMEARS..................Approx 2 minutes
• Core an apple and cut into rings or wedges
• Make pieces as thick as you like
• Smear top with a thin layer of any of the spreads
• Watch your dog gobble it up!
ASPARAGUS SPEAROS........Approx 2 minutes
• * Cut off the bottom, hard end of a spear
• * Cut the spear part off and save for your dinner
• * Make a vertical slice into the remaining piece of stem
• * Smear a small amount of one of the spreads into this crack
BROCCOLI BOATS..............Approx 2 minutes
• Cut off the bottom, hard end of a broccoli stem
• Cut the floret parts off and save for your dinner
• Cut a slit in the remaining stem
• Apply a small amount of your dog's favorite into this "boat"
CARROT COOKIES...............Approx 2 minutes
• Cut a large carrot into rounds as thick as you want
• Spread one round with topping of choice, stick another on top
• You're done already!
CELERY SANDWICHES.........Approx 2 minutes
• Slice a celery stalk into two equal lengths
• Smear filling inside the groove of one stalk
• Stick the other stalk over it
• Feed to your dog(s) - yup, that quick!
POPCORN PUPPIES.............Approx 2 minutes
• Take two kernels of popcorn
• Add a 1/2 teaspoonful or less of spread
• Roll kernels in the spread till they stick together
• Give to doggie(s). Wash hands
WALNUT WEDGIES..............Approx 1 minute
• Take half a walnut
• Apply spread
• Stick another half walnut on top
• Repeat up to three times